This past month the City of Oronoco passed an ordinance which states that ALL vendors, inclusive of those who set-up on private property as well as those vendors who purchase space from Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days, will set-up at the same time on Thursday, August 13, at 1:00 p.m. No exceptions. In addition, if a vendor does rent space on private property, the homeowner is required to purchase from the City a Gathering Permit for $25. If the homeowner does not have a Gathering Permit displayed, the vendor will not be allowed to set-up at that location. (A special note to vendors who rent on private property: if the homeowner is not compliant with the ordinance when you arrive at the show, Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days will create space for you to display your merchandise.) We want every vendor to have a positive experience at our show and we believe that establishing a uniform set-up time will contribute to this goal. This new ordinance will not impact any vendors who rent directly from Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days. However, if a vendor rents property from Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days as well as from a private homeowner, the homeowner must display a Gathering Permit. A copy of the ordinance is as follows:
NOTICE TO ALL HOMEOWNERS OR BUSINESSES WHO LEASE PROPERTY TO VENDORS DURING GOLD RUSH FOR VENDING AND/OR PARKING
A Gathering Permit (City Ordinance 2015-01) is required by all homeowners/businesses leasing private property to vendors or parking vehicles. The Gathering Permit is available at City Hall for $25, must be purchased prior to the show and visibly displayed through the event.
Requirements of Ordinance
- ALL Gold Rush and/or private vendors will be allowed past the North and South barricades to go to their designated lots at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 13. Absolutely no pre-entry and/or parking on any public or private property. Shoppers’ vehicles (not pulling trailers or carrying loads) will have full access to businesses in Oronoco.
- Vendors may not park, display merchandise or erect items used for display (e.g. tents, tables, canopies, awnings, open/closed trailers containing merchandise, before 1:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- Commercial tent/awning companies may erect just the canopy/tent with sides drawn up no earlier than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 12 with written permission from City Hall (507-367-4405; firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Commercial semi-trucks with trailers can deliver to a location on Wednesday evening, August 12, 2015, no earlier than 5:00 p.m. with written permission from City Hall (507-367-2111). All merchandise must be contained on/in the trailer until 1:00 p.m. Thursday, August 13, 2015.
- Failure to comply with the guidelines of the Gathering Permit will result in immediate revocation of the permit and all its privileges and applications for future gathering permits will be denied for the following year.
- The City is not responsible for rain, theft, injury or an act of God.
- All homeowners, businesses, vendors or individuals on private property are responsible for their own insurance.
Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days
Always the 3rd Weekend in August
Hours of Show: Friday and Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.