Bird’s Eye View of How It Works
Dates of Show: August 17, 18, and 19, 2018
Times: Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. August 17, and 18; August 19 (Sunday) 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Set-up: Food Vendors 6:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Regular vendors 12:00 p.m. Thursday, August 16. Staff will be on-call to answer questions during set-up. Call the Information Booth 507-367-2111.
- Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days Inc. is an annual event with proceeds benefiting the City of Oronoco
- This show is an established (46 years) outdoor antique venue and flea market with national recognition. Dealers from all over the United States converge to our show to buy and sell. An estimated 20,000 people daily attend the event.
- Hotel/motel accommodations are at a premium. Some Rochester MN WEB sites are The City of Rochester, MN - http://www.ci.rochester.mn.us; or visit our website, http://www.goldrushmn.com.
- Over 1,200 lots are available for rent; Approximately 25 food Booths; abundant portable toilets; on site security
- For information, please view our website at www.goldrushmn.com. Phone (507) 367-2111; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail: Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days, Inc., PO BOX 266, Oronoco, MN 55960
- Returning dealers have priority and have until May 16 to submit their applications. Reserved lots that have not been paid will be released to new vendors. Therefore, about June 1 new vendors, who have requested a lot, will be sent an application and contract. Complete the reservation package and return all forms along with your payment. Lots are assigned on a first paid/received basis. Checks will be cashed immediately.
- Minnesota law requires a MN state tax number to participate in our show. A MN tax form ST-19 is included with your package and must be completed and returned with your reservation. Instructions are on the back of the form or call (651) 282-5225.
- Your cancelled check is your receipt. Include a stamped envelope for a written receipt. No additional confirmation letter will be sent.
- Include an email address or check our Facebook page or our website site for current information or news alerts.
- All lots are outdoors and are approximately 15’ x15’ or 15’ x 20’, dependent upon location; rent is $100 per lot. You may rent multiple lots if available. Everything you bring must be contained within your assigned paid space, including vehicles and/or trailers. Small merchandise must be displayed on tables and not on the ground. Absolutely no parking in a space that has not been paid!
- Complimentary parking for vehicles and trailers is available on a “first come first serve basis” to vendors only in the Carol Cowden Park (3rd Street SW—West of the Presbyterian Church). Additional parking is available at a nominal cost in homeowner’s yards around the City. You may park next to your lot for a very brief time only during setup. Cars will be towed if parked on an “unpaid” lot!
- Make a copy of your reservation letter and display it on the dashboard of your vehicle throughout the show.
- No spikes are permitted on paved surfaces; bring weights to hold canopies
- Tables are not provided. Contact: Deb at Summertime Fun Rentals (507-356-4018)
- There is no electric or water available on your lot. Water is located at the Community Center located in Section D
- Your Booth must be open until 2:00 p.m. on Sunday; if not, your lots will be forfeited for the net year’s show. Call 507-367-2111 regarding emergency departures.
- No food may be sold without a Food Vendor permit issued by the city.
- No fireworks. Golf carts allowed for staff only. Handicap exceptions can be applied for at the Information Booth.
- One- way traffic patterns strictly enforced.
- An Information Booth located by the Post Office will be staffed Thursday, Friday and Saturday 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; Sunday 7:00 a.m. until closing. Phone number at Information Booth: 507-367-2111
- Ice and Gold Rush shirts are sold at the Information Booth.
- Volunteers begin at 4:00 p.m. cleaning the area so please try to be off your lot as close as possible to that time. Your lot is to be free of debris
- When you leave on Sunday. Please recycle all cardboard by breaking it down and stacking it beside the containers.
We appreciate your participation in Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days, Inc. We hope you have a great show!
Carol Olson, Event Coordinator
Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days Inc.