Bird’s Eye View of How It Works
Dates of Show: August 19, 20, and 21, 2016
Times: Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. August 19 and 20; August 21 (Sunday) 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Set-up: Food Vendors 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Regular vendors 1:00 p.m. Thursday, August 18. Staff will be on-call to answer questions during set-up. Call the Information Booth 507-367-2111.
- Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days Inc. is an annual event with proceeds benefiting the City of Oronoco
- This show is an established (42 years) outdoor antique venue with national recognition. Dealers from all over the United States converge to our show to buy and sell. An estimated 20,000 people daily attend the event.
- Hotel/motel accommodations are at a premium. Some Rochester MN WEB sites are The City of Rochester, MN – http://www.ci.rochester.mn.us; or visit our website, http://goldrushmn.com.
- Over 1,200 lots are available for rent; Approximately 25 food Booths; abundant portable toilets; on site security
- For information, please view our website at www.goldrushmn.com.
- Phone (507) 367-2111. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail: Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days, Inc., PO BOX 266, Oronoco, MN 55960
- Returning dealers have priority and have until May 16 to submit their applications. Lots that have not been reserved will be released to new vendors. Therefore, about June 1 new vendors, who have requested a lot, will be sent an application and contract. Complete the reservation package and return all forms along with your payment. Lots are assigned on a first paid/received basis. Checks will be cashed immediately.
- Minnesota law requires a MN state tax number to participate in our show. A MN tax form ST-19 is included with your package and must be returned with your reservation. Instructions are on the back of the form or call (651) 282-5225.
- Your cancelled check is your receipt. Include a stamped envelope for a written receipt. A final confirmation will be sent about 3 weeks prior to the show.
- All lots are outdoors and are approximately 15’ x15’ or 15’ x 20’, dependent upon location; rent is $100 per lot. You may rent multiple lots if available. Everything you bring must be contained within your assigned paid space, including vehicles and/or trailers. Small merchandise must be displayed on tables and not on the ground. Absolutely no parking in a space that has not been paid!
- Complimentary parking for vehicle, trailers and RV units is available on a “first come first serve basis” to vendors only in the Carol Cowden Park (3rd Street SW—West of the Presbyterian Church). Additional parking is available at a nominal cost in homeowner’s yards around the City. You may park next to your lot for a very brief time only during setup. Cars will be towed if parked on an “unpaid” lot!
- You will be provided with a name sign identifying you as an official vendor at Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days. Display this sign on the dash of your vehicle or in your Booth throughout the show.
- No spikes are permitted on paved surfaces; bring weights to hold canopies
- Tables are not provided. Contact: Deb at Summertime Fun Rentals (507-356-4018)
- There is no electric or water available on your lot. Water is located at the Community Center located in Section D
- Your Booth must be open until 2:00 p.m. on Sunday; if not, your lots will be forfeited for the net year’s show. Call 507-367-2111 regarding emergency departures.
- No food may be sold without a Food Vendor permit issued by the city.
- No fireworks. Golf carts allowed for staff only. Handicap exceptions can be applied for at the Information Booth.
- One- way traffic patterns strictly enforced.
- An Information Booth located by the Post Office will be staffed Thursday, Friday and Saturday 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Sunday 7:00 a.m. until closing. Phone number at Information Booth: 507-367-2111
- Ice and Gold Rush souvenirs are sold at the Information Booth.
- Volunteers begin at 4:00 p.m. cleaning the area so please try to be off your lot as close as possible to that time. Your lot is to be free of debris
- When you leave on Sunday. Please recycle all cardboard by breaking it down and stacking it beside the containers with the Red lids located throughout the grounds
We are glad that you are participating in Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days, Inc. We hope you have a great show!
Carol Olson, Event Coordinator
Downtown Oronoco Gold Rush Days Inc.